Smoothies are the best option to provide you with vitamins and nutrients. Whether its first thing in the morning, after a tough workout, or as a quick snack, a smoothie is a fast way to get what you need. If your smoothie has the right ingredients, you can target specific deficiencies to prevent sickness and operate at optimum capacity! Our Berry Green CBD smoothie recipe could be a great starter smoothie to get you in the habit.
There is an old expression that states “Eat the Rainbow” as a rule of thumb to consume a wide variety of nutrients for your body. This indicates that you should get fruits and veggies in a variety of colors to get all the nutrients that you need.
Fruit and vegetables that have a purple hue contain anthocyanins, which are the protector of our cells. Everyone knows that orange fruits or vegetables have vitamin C & beta-carotene. It’s a process to remember which color goes with which vitamin, so changing up your smoothie routine weekly is a great way to feed your body the nutrition it craves.
Origins of Smoothies
The origins of the smoothie date back to ancient cultures who made a “fruit mash” that consisted of mashed fruits and vegetables. In modern times, the first smoothies were a thick frozen drink made to replace the fattening milkshake that had gained so much popularity.
During the 1960s a movement called the macrobiotic vegetarianism emerged which spiked an increase in people eating a vegetarian diet. Smoothies became even more popular as a satisfying and nutritious drink.
Fun facts about a smoothie:
- Because of the fruit fiber, smoothies take longer to digest and can help prevent hunger
- A well-balanced smoothie can prevent cravings for sugar and salt
- While smoothies can be very healthy, moderation is always key
- A smoothie is a great way to get yourself to eat veggies you don’t like by hiding them in the mix
Smoothies with CBD oil have additional nutritional benefits. Be sure that one of your ingredients has a source of fat, such as avocado. The fat helps with absorption.
Flavored CBD can add a healthful and delicious addition to your favorite smoothies! Make your morning more nutritional just by adding CBD.
Berry Green CBD Smoothie Ingredients
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup kale with the stems removed as they are not broken down by a regular blender
- Small single banana
- 1 cup ice approx
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 2 full droppers of No High Tangerine CBD Oil
CBD Smoothie Instructions
- Prepare clean blender on an uncluttered countertop
- Pour the entire 1/2 cup of raspberries into the blender
- Break 1 banana into two or three pieces, making sure that it doesn’t take up too much space in the blender
- Place 1 cup of stem-removed kale around and on top of the banana
- Pour 1/2 cup of fat-free Greek yogurt into the blender
- Add 2 full tablespoons of agave nectar (or to taste)
- Add 2 full droppers of No High Tangerine CBD Oil to the center of the mix inside the blender
- Finally, top with 1 cup of ice
- Replace the lid and press the button to mix.
- Enjoy your healthy delicious CBD Smoothie!
Feel free to leave a comment below on how much you love this recipe, or join us on our CBD Oil Chat Facebook group!
Check out our other CBD recipes: